The Friends of Heathside – FoH is our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) supported by Mrs Cullum and Mr West, which organises its own events, and supports school events, with the prime aim of raising money for the school. It is open to all Heathside parents and meets every 6 weeks or so.
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN PAYING FOR?
Pretty crucial things..!
- Helped to update the furnishings in the reception area
- School Broadband & SchoolComms (the texts and emails you receive) – this is 10k! Per year!
- Minibus lease every year
- Replaced the highly used very old main hall projector 2012
- Contribution towards online payment system for parents
- Bought much needed overhead projectors for 2 classrooms this year – 15 in total over the past 2 years
- Bought a weather station for use in Geography lessons in 2011
TOP OF THE WISHLIST!
(Some we’ve already committed to but we’re still short for the rest…)
- ipads for all children! (only kidding!!)
- Projectors – still 5 classrooms without! Arts & Science Rooms for FOH to pay
- Enhance the display of students work in the foyer and reception including buying an LCD display unit
- Re-cable the media equipment in the main hall boring but necessary and expensive!
- Apple Macs for Mr Mac's music department!
Any suggestions for the wishlist you may have, please email the FOH so it can be addressed.
THE EASIEST WAY TO CONTRIBUTE – The Winners Club!
This is by far the most effective way to help your childrens school and there’s a £100 winner every month. You can click on the Donate tab – it only takes 3 minutes of your time to print the form, sign it and send it! Money well spent!
FOH Meetings – is there pressure to volunteer for things?
No! We promise no awkward silences where you have to pretend to drop your pen so as not to be volunteered! Fortunately, we limit the number of events so volunteering is more manageable, and most of the fundraising is from regular contributions. It’s a chance to get involved as much or as little as you want!
Dates for your diary!
Next Meetings: 22nd April, 17th June 2013, 7.45 pm Room L3